In Nature's Sweet Presence

In Nature's Sweet Presence
A moment of Peace and Connection

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Celebrating the Turning Wheel

Yesterday I had the absolute pleasure of connecting with a dear friend who was here briefly before returning to her life in Thailand and India.
It is fitting that we celebrated Equinox together as the first time we met was in celebration.
A couple of friends and I had gone to a drumming circle in an earth house ( or Kakuli) in the Interior.
The drumming circle had been cancelled unknown to us but the fire was burning when we walked into the Kakuli and there was a woman who invited us to join her as she honoured the passing of her grandmother.
We have been friends since that moment and although the years may pass between our visits, the heart connection never weakens.

Last night we slipped into the forest at Stanley Park just after sunset and celebrated the turning of the seasons.
The Fall in the Medicine Wheel wisdom that I connect with, lies in the West on the Wheel. It is represented by Bear, it's qualities are Feminine in nature. It is here in the West that we travel inward, we use tools such as meditation, ceremony, yoga, breathing practices, all those ways, those tools that take us into our Center, into our deepest selves.
And it is there in those depths, that we connect with the Divine.
Whatever that looks like for you.
It is here that we renew and nurture ourselves after the outward nature of the Summer.

Last night returning through the darkened forest, our path lit but the waxing moon light, my heart was filled with so much gratitude.
Gratitude for my life and the rich abundance of cherished friendships and life experiences and gratitude to have come to a place in my life, that in sitting in the trees in the forest, I was not afraid of the night sounds, or my safety. My mind was still and I could feel myself a part of the forest very breath of the forest and part of the web of life upon our dear Mother Earth

No comments: