In Nature's Sweet Presence

In Nature's Sweet Presence
A moment of Peace and Connection

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Island Yearning



Island Yearning

Denman Island
You hold my Heart
In the Depth & Width
Of your Rocky Shores
There
Where my feet
Have walked
Canine Friend beside
There
Where my parents
Retired from the City
To return to a life
More conducive
To Living
There
My Father's
 Vegetable garden
My Mother's
Flowers & Herbs
Wood smoke curling
from
Fireplace & Wood stove
 Early Morning Rising
To walk your Beaches
Before
Dawns First Light
Watching
As the World
Awakened
Awestruck always
By your Beauty & Wildplaces
Where there is
Space
To Be
Far from the City
Whose Frantic Pace
Steals our Connection
To Ourselves
And our Space
On this Our Mother Earth
Content to exist
In a Swirl of Chaotic
Ever spinning
Haste
Denman
I yearn for You
The memories
That Live in your Soil
The Two decades
My Parents lived
In your gentle embrace
With Gratitude
I bow to your
Healing Touch
For so generously sharing
Your Sacred Spaces
Your Community
Your Soarding Eagle Cries
With 2 Weary
City Dwellers
Returning Home
To Island Life
Once More
Cassie Hepburn
September, 2010